Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THE CORONADOS_ Let's Get Acquainted


The Coronados were two brothers and one sister american indians from New Mexico; Rubin,Steven and Anita Ortiz .

In 1954 recorded for Decca Records as The Ortiz Trio the sides_Blue Moon/In Lovely Old New Mexico. (A Side is a latin pop ballad version of Rogers & Hart's with spanish & english mixed lyrics).


 They were present in the doo wop guides as The Coronados with...

-Let's Get Acquainted/I Came Back To Say I'm Sorry. Vik Records-1956.
-My Beautiful Dream/No, No Blues. Vik Records-1957.
-Goodnight Kiss/World Of Confusion. U. A. Records-1958.
-Tell Me Yes/Little Moon. Columbia Records-1959.
-The Nature Of My Love/I Believe. Columbia Records-1959.
-You Fool/My Beautiful Dream. Todd Records-1963.

To Listen or Download_ Let's Get Acquainted. please visit;https://app.box.com/s/b6ksrhe9tbetdf7iif5v

Or go to Youtube...



Additional Note.

This group also recorded for RCA  and Four Corners Records but these recordings not were listed in the doo wop guides...others Coronado's on Peerless and Ric Records also were listed in the doo wop guides but I can't find if they have any relation with the above mentioned group, anyone know?.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know! I am related to them...Anita is my mom. You'll never believe it. I've been carrying around a box of old 45s for 20 years and just realized how many family records were in there, over 25 unique releases. I am literally digitally archiving the 11 Coronado 45s I have along with 2 "Los Coronados" and more... I came across a song called "In Lovely Old New Mexico" and started playing along to it on the guitar when I wondered if the lyrics would be online or not. That's how I came to your site.

Unknown said...

My name is Steve Ortiz from the group "The Coronaods. As for recordings it started with my brother Reuben and I as "Los Hermanos Ortiz" we recorded our first recornd in the 940s on MartinezOrtiz Records a song about all the men from New Mexico who died during WW2.
Then recorded for Corona and Ideal Records from Texas, Then producer Paul Cohen in 1955 recorded as"The Ortiz Trio on the Decca Label. Then a producer Richard Ceja from Las Angels Ca, recorded us for RCA Victor and Perless Records.
in New York City now as"The Coronados" and Burt Bacharah produced us for Columbia, Next Frank Devel again and many more producers for Columbia. Then again to RCA Victor with producer Herman Dias and for there subsidiary on te Vik label with Doo Wap songs then we recorded for United Artist, Parliment, Jubile and as Silverbird we recorded for producer "Wes Farall for Capital. THEN AS "Blue Water" we recorded for producer Paul Vance for Hugo and Luigi on H&L Records Im the only one left and now in 2022 just had a hit on KANW in Albuquerque NM I just released my book "Welcome to the Library of my life, once upon a clown. Thats all folks