Monday, March 9, 2009

THE BELLE-AIRES aka TERRY & THE BELLES


The Belle-Aires wera a female trio from the Bayshore High School formed by Sisters Elisa and Anita Prite with their cousin Signa Acevedo.


With the help of William Miller a talent School agent and songwritter from Amityville,LI the girls recorded one popish/rockin EP on RCA Records with the sides_Sugar Candy/I Wanna Be Loved/My Only Love/You Stole My Heart. witeen by Miller.

Click to enlargue....




To Listen or Download_You Stole My Heart. side,please visit;https://www.box.com/s/4rxae9nkp1dpbwowglaz

Or go to Youtube...

 



In 1959 the girls(now know as TERRY & THE BELLES) signed with the New York city label Hanover Records owened by Len Levy and Bob Thiele and recorded_I'm Alone Because I Love You/Keep That Beat.


From this recording session the group have unreleased sides as_whoa-o. and_And Ring For My Finger.
In 1959 another label change,Duck Records from Endicott,NY owned by Bart Sochor who recorded the last single of the trio_I'll Always Be Nearby/I'd Want You.






LISTEN...



1 comment:

Andy Bohan said...

EP indicates sisters are Pitre, not Prite as noted here. Which is correct?.