Sunday, September 12, 2010

JUVENILES,TWILIGHTS AND EMBERS STORY

One great article about these three interracial groups are available at;

http://www.classicurbanharmony.net/index.htm


In late 1958 three members of The Juveniles(see in this blog) Robert Perryman(Lead),Claude"Indio"Chenet(2nd Tenor) and Joseph Durant(Baritone) with Cal Washington(1st Tenor) and Peter Reyes(Bass) were know as The Twilights and in 1959 recorded for Finese Records the sides_My Heart Belongs To Only You/Oh Baby Love.

LISTEN...



The group back up to Maria Elena on their Countess sides_I Was Too Careful/Temptation. finally released as single in 1962.

LISTEN...



In 1961 the group changed their name to The Embers and recorded three singles for Empress Records...
-Solitaire/I'm Feeling All Right Again-1961.
-I Won't Cry Animore/I Was Too Careful-1961
-Abigail/I Was Too Careful-1962.
-Unreleased sides-What a Surprise/I Whish I Didn't Love You So.


The side_Solitaire was very popular in the New York area.

LISTEN...



Finally in 1963 Pete Reyes left the group and the other four members recorded as The Four Embers for Smash Records the single_But Beautiful/You've Been Away Too Long.

LISTEN...

No comments: